The monthly Microsoft and Adobe patches are now available. You guessed it Internet Explorer and Flash make an appearance.
There are 33 CVE (Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures) related fixes this month. They include
- MS15-106 Fixes 14 falws in Internet Explorer
- MS15-107 Fixes flaws in Microsoft Edge
- MS15-108 Fixed four flaws in VBScript and JScript in Internet Explorer. This applies to Internet Explorer 7 through to 11
- MS15-109 Fixes two flaws in the Windows Shell
- MS15-110 Fixes three flaws in Excel and Sharepoint Server.
- MS15-111 Fixes five flaws in the windows Kernel
There are office updates to address flaws in Excel for Mac 2011 and 2016. So even Mac aren't immune these days :-P
Adobe have released an update addressing 56 CVE vulnerabilities in Acrobat and Reader. 13 flaws in Flash Player have also been patched.
The Adobe Air Desktop Runtime, SDK and Compiler have also been patched (is this even used?). This applies to Windows, Mac, Android and iOs.
Flash Player update 188.8.131.52 can be downloaded from https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/distribution3.html
The Microsoft Tech Bulletin can be read here https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/security/dn903782.aspx